About

Church History

The grounds upon which Victory Baptist Church are built started out as a place where Evangelistic Tent Meetings were held. Then in 1932 George Jefferies built the Bethal Evangelical Fellowship Hall, he had also earlier built the Elim Church Building on Waterloo Road just around the corner.

Through the years the building has changed hands, once to a Moravian Church and then to the Church of the Nazarene, until in 1987 it was purchased by Victory Baptist Church and remains in use to this day.

More History to come...